Ideas for Precise Geotagging on Panono

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for Precise Geotagging on Panono

I have an Inta360 Pro and it is nice because you can plug a GPS receiver right into it. Once I find out which devices actually write the Geotag data to the NPF file, then I plan on putting a GPS receiver at the base of the Panonon tripod. In Android, you can set your device to to an external GPS receiver (mock GPS) which in this case would be the receiver on the tripod. Now when you go duck and hide, the GPS is still very precise (talking photos, not surveys) for each photo. How are you guys handling this? I sure hope I don't find out that Geotagging does not exist for this camera!!

Panono does not have a GPS receiver. However the phones coordinates (if available) are written into the UPF file.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve2 View Post
      Panono does not have a GPS receiver. However the phones coordinates (if available) are written into the UPF file.

Hey Steve,
      I am circling back around on this. Are you using an Android device? I currently have a Galaxy S7 and it does not geotagg the images They have emailed me that it is one of the "few devices" that is not supported by the app. But since a firmware update has not been issued in 3 years I don't see any coming. So now I need to find an android device that will work. Thanks for your feedback!

Comment

Working...
      X