Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLICKER noise problems in the picture

Hi everyone!
    I suppose most of you had the same problem with indoor lights. The frecuency of the lights makes wired noises/waves in the picture. The frecuency of the light is 1/50 and panono has 1/60, so is impossible to adjust the camera to the flickerlight. Does anyone a solution for that?

This is an example:
    https://cloud.panono.com/p/joeRTqJkFxFw
    Thanks.
    Last edited by imageyourworld; 20-07-17, 09:10.

Have you tried to extend the exposure time?

Comment

Yes i did Matz. I worked like cameraman and we have this problem so ofthen. The thing is to change the frecuency and put the same than the light or tv. You need to adapt your speed to the frecuency of the light. I did a test with 1/60, 1/125, 1/30 and all of them was not satisfactory.

Comment

The fact i tested with an app video on iphone7 to change the speed to 1/50 an the lines disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by imageyourworld View Post
          Yes i did Matz. I worked like cameraman and we have this problem so ofthen. The thing is to change the frecuency and put the same than the light or tv. You need to adapt your speed to the frecuency of the light. I did a test with 1/60, 1/125, 1/30 and all of them was not satisfactory.
          There's no "frequency" in Panono. The frequency you are talking about is the frames pr second in videos vs main/electricity frequency problem. But Panono takes still pictures, and has no frequency or fps.

Just like Matz, I suggests trying longer exposure times. Try go further than 1/30 if possible (I can't remember how flexible Panono is for shutter speed).

Comment

Originally posted by StigNygaard View Post

There's no "frequency" in Panono. The frequency you are talking about is the frames pr second in videos vs main/electricity frequency problem. But Panono takes still pictures, and has no frequency or fps.

Just like Matz, I suggests trying longer exposure times. Try go further than 1/30 if possible (I can't remember how flexible Panono is for shutter speed).
            You might want to read https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_shutter ... Still pictures does not mean the wohle picture is taken in the same moment. That's why there are lines..

Comment

Originally posted by Steve2 View Post
              You might want to read https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_shutter ... Still pictures does not mean the wohle picture is taken in the same moment. That's why there are lines..
              Yes, that's probably the reason. And wouldn't longer exposure time be the way to solve it?

Comment

Originally posted by StigNygaard View Post

Yes, that's probably the reason. And wouldn't longer exposure time be the way to solve it?
                Yep, should solve it or at least make it much less worse.

Comment

Thanks for trying to solve the problem and sorry if my english is no so good to explain the problem. StigNygaard thanks to remember me that panono is a photo camera and doesn't have fps, but the problem is still there. Like i posted i took pictures with 1/125, 1/60, 1/30 but "the frequency" of the light is 1/50. And yes, you can make less this strobe effect on the picture ore higher, but if you don't use the same speed like the lights nothing to do.
                  Steve 2 i didn't know that panono took the picture not at the same time, good to know., but if you put the same speed like the frequency of the lights it doesn't matter if you take the picture at the same time or not, the lines disapear.
                  I will try to find a solutions with plugins for photoshop or something like that, because if you can not adapt your camera shutter speed to the frequency of the lights we have no chance or i don't know how to do it.
                  Some idea would be awsome.
                  Btw i took the pictures without the lights and now i will work more on the picture but i don't have this horrible lines on my pictures.
                  Thanks for the attempt.

Comment

Did you try some longer exposure?

Comment

No, i stopped in 1/30. With 100 ISO is the most i could do without overexpose.

Comment

Working...
                      X