Can't take a picture: red blinking camera led

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't take a picture: red blinking camera led

The Panono suffered a 1 meter fall the day before yesterday. It fell over some small stones. The outer plastic shell only has a few scratches so I was quite relieved.

However, I haven't been able to take a picture ever since. Whenever I try to take a picture, I get a red led light on the camera icon of the Panono. It makes no difference if I try to take the picture using:

1. Android application
    2. Button press on top of Panono
    3. Button press on the Panono provided stick

I've made sure the Panono internal memory is empty. I've uploaded all pictures then removed them. Furthermore, I've connected it to a notebook to manually upload all remaining files from internal storage. Panono is fully charged, the internal storage is empty but nothing works.

I'm running the latest Panono Android app on a Nexus 6P. Panono has firmware 3.1-Dandelion.product.706

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Any ideas? I wish I could access diagnostic information to provide here.

Is it warm around you? Most of the times red blinking light is associated with a overheated panono. Maybe it's just to warm and has nothing todo with the fall (mine did the same type of fall half a year ago).

Comment

I would hope this was the problem. The weather here is cold. It's 4 degrees Celsius right now. It's around 14 degrees Celsius during the day. I've just tried again on the off chance it might work... nothing. Still a red blinking light with a beep.

I wish I could provide more information.

Comment

What exactly is blinking?

https://support.panono.com/hc/en-us/...ng-LED-lights-

Loose cable maybe

Comment

One single red blinking led right by the camera icon on top of Panono. Nothing connected to the camera. It's standing on the table right now fully charged.

Just tried taking pictures again for good measure. Pressed the top button, then tried via android app. Still a red blinking led plus a sad beep.

Comment

Thé only thing you van try is a hard reset (push top button for 12 seconds), else you have to contact support for more help or repair.

Comment

Originally posted by WimvanderVelden View Post
              Thé only thing you van try is a hard reset (push top button for 12 seconds), else you have to contact support for more help or repair.
              I tried a 30-30 routine after your suggestion:

1. Start with Panono off. Press power button for 30 seconds.
              2. Start with Panono on (led no longer blinking). Press power button for 30 seconds.

On both tests, Panono just turned off. Unfortunately, the red blinking led problem still persists.

Is the procedure correct?

Comment

There's a post with a similar issue titled "Cam shoots 2 to 3 HDR images and doesn't take more images after that" on the "Home > Forum > Technical Discussion" forum.

Comment

I've only had the Panono for a couple of days now but I'm already sorely missing it. I've already missed incredible pictures on Isle of Skye and on Belfast`s Game of Thrones tour.

I tried taking Android Photospheres on a Nexus 6P to replace the missing Panono functionality but that's not even close to Panono's quality (with a tripod).

Imagine a Game of Thones Kings Road picture..... missed it Ireland's Giant Causeway... missed it.

Comment

I guess you have a loose cable, a damaged powerboard or some other internal damage from the fall. I would send it back to panono as fast as possible if the support tells you to do so.

However what MarioSergio is linking to are overheating problems. This is clearly not the case here.

Comment

I have the same problem. Red blinking in the camera area. Tried to reset, doesn't work. After 25 pictures.. :-(. Is there a way I can repair it by myself?

Comment

Dear AL360,

please also contact support@panono.com with exact error description and serial number of camera.

Thanks and best regards

Comment

Originally posted by AL360 View Post
                          I have the same problem. Red blinking in the phenq camera area. Tried to reset, doesn't work. After 25 pictures.. :-(. Is there a way I can repair it by myself?
                          Hi Al, what was the fix in the end?
                          Last edited by Frankens; 1 week ago.

Comment

Dear Frankens,

if you have a problem with your camera, please contact support@panono.com

BR

Comment

I have the same problem.
                              Another interesting version of the camera http://fixthephoto.com/blog/tech-tip...ra-review.html
                              Last edited by Douglas Plante; 05-09-18, 19:57.

Comment

Working...
                              X