Panorama backup tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panorama backup tool

I wrote a small Java app that will let you download your entire Panono panorama collection to your computer to keep as a backup. The backup will include the equirectangular images, the UPF files, and some metadata.

You can find out more about it here: http://radiatic.com (make sure to read the instructions in detail)

I hope running the app doesn't clash with Panono's terms of use.

The source code is hosted on Github.

Thanks
    I was going to make a similar tool.

Comment

My implementation is rather rough around the edges (requiring the user to set up Java, etc.). I'm sure you can improve on that and on other features.

BTW, the source code is licensed under Apache 2, in case you're interested in how I've reverse-engineered Panono's web API.

Comment

Well done, thank you!!!

Comment

Can you make an short tutorial for your app - radiatic , please ?

Comment

Thanks for the tool!

At the 3rd panorama I always get

Code:
            Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
                    at org.apache.http.util.ByteArrayBuffer.toByteArray(ByteArrayBuffer.java
            :179)
                    at org.apache.http.util.EntityUtils.toByteArray(EntityUtils.java:139)
                    at com.radiatic.createpanonobackup.Application.downloadImage(Application
            .java:73)
                    at com.radiatic.createpanonobackup.Application.run(Application.java:310)

at com.radiatic.createpanonobackup.Application.main(Application.java:51)
            Any idea?
            (Windows 8.1, Java 8, 32 GB RAM, Intel i7)

Originally posted by Bentlay View Post
            Can you make an short tutorial for your app - radiatic , please ?
            What is wrong with the tutorial he delivers with the tool?

Comment

@Steve2

It appears the Java process runs out of memory because one of the downloads exceeds its memory allocation. Try running the command like this:

java -Xmx1200m -jar create-panono-backup-1.1.1.jar --username....

(basically, adding -Xmx1200m to the command line options, which instructs Java to allocate up to 1.2GB of RAM for the process to run in)

Let me know if that helps.

@Bentlay

Have you followed the instructions that are posted on the project's GitHub page?
              https://github.com/idrm/create-panono-backup

@Marvin

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ivan View Post
                (basically, adding -Xmx1200m to the command line options, which instructs Java to allocate up to 1.2GB of RAM for the process to run in)

Let me know if that helps.
                Great, seems to help! Thanks. Still randomly stops from time to time but with the incremental feature that's not a problem at all :-)

Comment

That sounds good. Do you get an error message when it stops?

Comment

Originally posted by ivan View Post
                    That sounds good. Do you get an error message when it stops?
                    Nope. It happend after 30-50 panoramas every time.

Actually it doesn't even stop executing. It just freezes while downloading UPFs. I analyzed the Java process and found out that the network usage drops from 100+ mbit to ~2 mbit. So it looks like it stopped working because the UPF download takes ages. After restarting the tool it instantly works again in full speed. As I witnessed strange behaivior of Amazon AWS while downloading UPFs manually before it may be a Amazon problem.

Anyway I got my 400+ images with ~55 gigabyte on my disc now.

Thx!

Comment

Hi, i´ve read the Manual and be sure using the correct Syntax. But it reports
                      Fetching panoramas with offset [-]
                      Failed to fetch panoramas: Fetch panoramas request error
                      Found 0 non-synced panoramas out of 0 total
                      Could not write the panoramas.txt file
                      Done backing up Panono Panoramas

​I have no idea, log in seems to work, i´m getting a Login error, when using the wrong credentials, so this seem to work.

​Thanks for help

Comment

Steve -- Yeah, it could be Amazon throttles the download, or it could be related to how I'm using the HTTP client in the app. If others post about a similar experience I'll try to troubleshoot it.

@Sebastian -- Can you try the JAR here and post the messages it prints out?
                        https://we.tl/PO24Uhpzyw

Comment

Thanks for your help and time. I´ve tried it and here ist the result:
                          Fetching panoramas with offset [-]
                          !!! Request to returned status code 404
                          Response: HttpResponseProxy{HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found [Access-Control-Allow-Credentials: true, Access-Control-Allow-Origin: https://cloud.panono.com, Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8, Date: Sat, 27 May 2017 11:03:31 GMT, Vary: Accept-Encoding, Vary: Origin, Connection: keep-alive] org.apache.http.client.entity.DecompressingEntity@ e24091}
                          Failed to fetch panoramas: Fetch panoramas request error (#3): Fetch panoramas request error (#2): {"code":404,"message":"404: Not Found","success":false}
                          Found 0 non-synced panoramas out of 0 total
                          Could not write the panoramas.txt file
                          Done backing up Panono Panoramas

​I have 108 Panoramas in my account. Some in Albums, most not. Strange!
                          Last edited by SebastianSchmidt; 27-05-17, 15:15.

Comment

I thin I see the issue. (By the way, your email address is in the output you posted, in case you'd like to remove it for privacy reasons)
                            I should have an update out in a little bit to, hopefully, take care of the bug, and I'll write here when it's ready.

Comment

I posted version 1.1.2 on the website. It should handle cases, such as yours, where the username contains "@".

Comment

Working...
                              X